Saturday, March 14, 2009

Never Give Up

We got word on Thursday morning that the boys little sister had been officially adopted by her foster family. As part of this process they had to get the kids officially seperated.

This means that the three boys who we visited in November and December are available for adoption. After waiting and waiting we are now in panic/rush mode. Our new appointment with the State Departement for Adoption (SDA) is March 26. We expect to be with the (our) boys again on the 27th.

We are concerned about what they may have been told when we were no longer allowed to see them without any explanation. Hopefully they still want to be adopted. We will still have the court date and the 10 day waiting period. Yes we are wary of the many problems that still could come up but...

Teresa can't wipe that big grin off her face.

9 comments:

Kari said...

I'm grinning alongside of you two! I can't wait to welcome the five of you to Denver! We will be praying for every step of your journey as we know you still have a long ways to go, but God has lifted a giant roadblock out of your way-praise Him!

Kevin and Tammy said...

Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad that those boys will not have to live in that orphanage any more. God has opened the doors. We are so glad to hear your news.
Tammy

ArtworkByRuth said...

Slava Bogu! I am praising God with tears as I type. As much as I am happy for you, do you mind if I don't stay in Ukraine until you come? We will cheer state side the final chapter of your adoption journey! God Bless!

Heidi and Felix said...

AMEN! Never give up! I told you that at Jim & Kari's party! Way to go, see you all back home real soon!

Felix

Debora Hoffmann said...

I am so excited to hear this! I will follow your journey back to your boys and will pray for you all. I didn't realize you were in Colorado; we're in the Springs.

Rolan and Eileen said...

I've still got hardware and Grivney for you! Rolan

Rolan and Eileen said...

Oh Teresa that is wonderful!! Many blessings, peace and health as you go.

eileen

Tami said...

Woooohoooo!!! GOD IS GOOD! We'll be praying for you.

Natasha said...

Jim and Teresa,
Congratulations! That is hard. I found your blog a while ago (through either Jim and Kari's or Felix and Heidi's) and have been checking it every so often. I know how you feel and I can't beleive that you had to actually leave the country for that long and leave the kids like that. I'm sure your facilitator was able to talk to them? I know everything will work out and I know they will want to come with you!!!
I just saw your comment on our blog. Yes, if you'd like to meet up, let us know. We'll be back in Kiev next week (our kids are coming!) and then we'll be back for the court date later this month. Not sure how far Kahovka is from Kherson but probably a marshrutka ride? Natasha