Friday, October 3, 2008

A Softie

Well I guess it's official, I'm a softie with requests from kids. We've made it a habit not to buy anything from someone doing door to door sales unless it is kids from our neighborhood.

A week or two ago some of the kids came by selling frozen pop sticks. I got one for Teresa and one for me. (she was too slow so I eventually ate hers too) Listening to them talk as they left I realized that they had raided the family refridgerator and were collecting money to buy a video game that their parents didn't want them to get.

I guess I've been too good of a customer because today they wanted to sell me a fifty cent pie for $10.00. I declined and they'll have to figure out another way to buy their games.

I'm not planning to toughen up too soon after the adoption but I know I'll have to draw the line at some point.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Hi! I was wondering if you two live in CO? You mentioned you had gone to an adoption seminar in Denver awhile back. We live in CO and are also adopting from Ukraine. There is a large group that has adopted or is in the process from Ukraine in CO. Would love to get to know you two if you are here!
Kari